We love classic combos—peanut butter and jelly, cheese and crackers, bread and butter—the list goes on and on!
But by far, the best pairing we can think of is a cup of our flavorful Christopher Bean Coffee with a delicious slice of warm, coffee cake. Yum!
This sweet treat is one of our absolute favorites for Sunday brunch with the family, holiday celebrations, or even when your neighbor stops by unannounced for a chat. No one can resist the soft, cinnamon goodness of coffee cake!
In today’s blog, we will be sharing our not-so-top-secret recipe for you to enjoy with your favorite Christopher Bean, artisan roasted coffee. Share this timeless dessert with your family and friends today!
Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
Streusel Topping Ingredients
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Grease a 9-inch square pan with butter and lightly sprinkle flour.
- Streusel Topping: In a mixing bowl, stir together ¼ cup of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour, and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. Add in 1 tablespoon of softened butter, and blend in with a fork, to make the crumble mixture.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour, ¾ cup sugar, 2 teaspoons baking powder, and ½ teaspoon salt.
- In a large bowl, beat 1 egg, ½ cup milk, and ¼ cup vegetable oil until thoroughly blended. Stir in flour mixture and mix until blended.
- Pour into greased pan. Sprinkle the streusel topping evenly over the cake batter.
- Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Let it cool before serving.