You need not wait for any particular season to enjoy a cup of cold brew coffee. As the coffee gives me an energetic and richly fulfilling experience, it features prominently in my morning routine for a pretty long time now. While I usually drink this coffee black, this recipe for cardamom brew with vanilla cream is simply that special twist which I need to begin the day on a delectable note.
The most noteworthy thing to know about the preparation of cold brew at home is that it is not something you can whip up promptly and enjoy it instantly after, like you can do with regular hot coffee. For making this recipe, you will have to place coffee grounds and cardamom in a large container, drop filtered water, and then allow that mixture to settle for 24 hours.
After 24 hours have passed, you can strain the coffee through a colander covered with a double-layered cheesecloth into a pitcher. To make the vanilla cream, you need to just drop some sweetened condensed milk, half-and-half, and vanilla extract into a mason jar and shake it up. When you are ready to serve the coffee, just pour the cold brew concentrate into the glasses filled with ice, and top it with the vanilla cream. If you do not like performing the whole cold brew process, you can purchase the cold brew concentrate at many leading stores or online now. You will not be getting the cardamom infusion this way, but the coffee will still taste delectable stirred with the vanilla cream.
Spiced Vietnamese Coffee with Sweet Vanilla Cream
Ingredients: 2 cups coarsely ground coffee, 4 cardamom pods, 20 cardamom seeds, or 1/2 tablespoon of ground cardamom (optional), 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk 1/4 cup half and half 2 tablespoon vanilla extract.
- Put the coffee grounds and cardamom in a large sized container or a proper coffee toddy like the one present here.
- Slowly pour 8 cups of filtered water over coffee ensuring all grounds get moistened in an even manner. Let it remain at the room temperature for 24 hours.
- By using a colander covered with a double-layered cheesecloth, coffee filter or the filter which comes with the toddy, strain the coffee concentrate into a pitcher, so it can be easily stored.
- Drop the condensed milk, half and half and vanilla into a mason jar having a tight fitting lid. Then shake to mix them.
- To serve, take a glass and fill it with ice, add to it ½ cup of coffee concentrate and 2 tablespoons of sweet vanilla cream. Stir coffee concentrate and cream and enjoy! Keep the coffee in refrigerator for one week.