EMAIL AUTOMATION – Coffee Cake [06.13.2017]
How to Make a Classic Coffee Cake
Peanut butter and jelly got some good competition.
We love classic combos—bread and butter, cheese and crackers, peanut butter and jelly—the list goes on and on!
But a new pairing enters the arena and is now ready to take home the crown: a cup of our flavorful Christopher Bean Coffee with a decadent slice of warm coffee cake. Yum!
This ultra-indulgent pair is one of our absolute favorites from our kitchen, best for Sunday brunches with the fam and friends. It’s quite a showstopper for holiday celebrations, too, or even when your neighbor stops by unannounced for a chat. No one can resist the soft, cinnamon goodness of this coffee cake!
Today, we’ll be sharing our not-so-top-secret recipe for you to enjoy with your favorite Christopher Bean brew. Aprons on and let’s go!
Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1-2 teaspoons of Christopher Bean coffee concentrate
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup of vegetable oil
- ¾ cup of sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
Streusel Topping Ingredients
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Grease a 9-inch square pan with butter and lightly sprinkle flour.
- Streusel Topping: In a mixing bowl, stir together ¼ cup of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour, and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. Add in 1 tablespoon of softened butter, and blend in with a fork, to make the crumble mixture.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 1-2 teaspoons of coffee concentrate, 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour, ¾ cup sugar, 2 teaspoons baking powder, and ½ teaspoon salt.
- In a large bowl, beat 1 egg, ½ cup milk, and ¼ cup vegetable oil until thoroughly blended. Stir in flour mixture and mix until blended.
- Pour into greased pan. Sprinkle the streusel topping evenly over the cake batter.
- Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Let it cool before serving.
We have a delectable range of cold brew coffee concentrates. You can order them through the links below:
For an infusion of cinnamon flavors, you can try our Christopher Bean cinnamon-based coffees:
- Cinnamon Hazelnut Crème ($8.99 - $46.99)
- Cinnamon Pecan Brownie ($8.99 - $46.99)
- Amaretto Cinnamon Stick ($8.99 - $46.99)
- Apple Cinnamon French Toast ($8.99 - $46.99)
Now it’s starting to smell like coffee and cinnamon here! Bake away and enjoy your combo coffee treat with our Coffee Cake recipe. We’ll wait for your ‘Gram shots!